Become a Leader
Veterans Coalitions Director
As a Veterans Coalitions Director, you will help recruit, welcome, and educate other US Military Veterans in your State, and be proactive in raising grassroots support with Veterans Coalitions groups in your state. It is truly an honor and privilege to work with men and women who took an oath to protect and defend our Constitution and our nation, not just for an enlisted time in the military, but for the rest of their lives. You are those individuals who, once serving your country, always serve your country.
Without a doubt, the Veteran is probably the most influential civilian over our state legislators. Most legislators are like the masses of American citizens who acknowledge, appreciate and honor those men and women who put their lives on the line for freedom, who risk all, leave all to serve a higher purpose than themselves. Therefore, we thank you for stepping up to the position of Veterans Coalitions Director for Convention of States.
- The Veterans Coalitions Director for Convention of States is to be able to work closely with other state leadership in planning and executing strategy.
- The Vets CD must be a team player who focuses on the mission.
- Vets CD’s should be able to articulate the Article V Project to call for a Convention of States.
- The Vets CD will use the tools provided to recruit and train other Veteran volunteers within his/her state.
- The Vets CD will build a relationship with his/her state legislators and try to influence them to support the resolution to call for a Convention of States.
- The Vets CD will work in partnership with all other state leadership.
- Participate in all statewide and national leadership calls.
- Become part of the Veterans Coalitions Directors and Coalitions Directors Slack Team and communicate regularly with other Vets CD’s and CD’s across the nation.
- Report all communications and results of visits to legislators to your state team.
- Learn how to use the tools provided to build your team of veterans.
- Recruit and train other veterans from within your state.
- Reach out to Veterans Groups in your state and community and build a partnership relationship with them.
Expected approximate commitment level: 20 hours per month
- Step 1: Provide the information below and hit the "Update Info and continue" button.
- Step 2: Complete the 5 question District Captain survey that follows.
- Step 3: We will be in contact with you shortly.
Your application is not complete until you finish the 7 question survey that follows.
thanks for considering becoming a VCD!
To help us determine if you’re a good fit for the VCD role, we’d like to ask you a few quick questions. But first, please take a moment to update the contact information below.