Are YOU ready to help save the nation?
The problems our nation is facing include a Federal government that has expanded its power and jurisdiction far beyond what the Constitution intended them to be, a regulatory crisis, an ever-swelling national debt, and a continuously diminishing ability to govern oneself as an individual, as a family, and as a state.
We are seeking bright, innovative, and enthusiastic students who want a political experience that has a real stake in the future of the United States. We want students who would rather make a true difference than being just another cog in the machine.
You will have real responsibilities and will be tasked with solving problems at the State, Regional, and National level of our organization so as to press the movement closer and closer to fruition. Additionally, COS Action will work to invest its time and resources into your personal and professional development. This internship will strengthen your ability to strategize, research, manage projects, and communicate while educating you about history, politics, and grassroots activism. Moreover, you can work for Convention of States anywhere: your school, a coffee shop, or the comfort of your own home. We endeavor to build intelligent students into prudent statesmen who will be prepared to be leaders in their day-to-day lives and in future political challenges inside and outside of our movement. Apply today!
- Are currently an U.S. Citizen
- Attending an accredited college or university or are a senior in high school in the United States
- Possess a conservative political ideology
- Proven patriotism and commitment to the principles of freedom and self-governance
- Strong personal skills (communication, compassion, patience, kindness, etc.)
- Strong academics and writing abilities
- The ability to learn new web tools and programs
- Leadership skills - responsible, able to inspire, educate, and empower others to action
- The ability to work 3-4 months for 10-15 hours/week
- Develop leadership skills in the legislative, grassroots, marketing, communication, media and/or legal realms of COS Action
- Work with volunteers and leaders within the Convention of States organization
- Assist in directing the future of the United States of America
- Compensation for hours worked
- Learn to survive and thrive in the political arena
- Learn the inner workings of a grassroots movement
- Dive into the legislative process
- Meet with the leadership and President of the organization
The kinds of tasks and projects you may work on:
- Writing a legislative strategy for a state
- Organizing a grassroots team
- Recruiting volunteers and grassroots organizers
- Assist in filling leadership positions within states
- Take part in grassroots and legislative research
- Assist state leaders overcome various roadblocks
- Assist with organizing, uploading, editing, and creating online media
Please include a resume and cover letter that highlights your accomplishments and experience in any of the following areas:
- Communication/people skills
- Patriotism/Political/Non-profit experience
Please include a document that includes the following:
- Your top 3 books, movies, or speeches that have influenced you politically with a 3-5 sentence explanation of the impact of each on you
- Your personal mission statement—a maximum 3 sentence statement that describes your core values, what makes you get up in the morning, why you act in a certain way, what is important to you, etc.
- A 3-5 sentence explanation of why the Convention of States project is important to you
- An unofficial transcript from your college, university, or high school
- At least one recommendation letter from a non-family member (professor, employer, etc.)
Applications are always welcome! Submit all materials through the link above.
The final deadline for applications is August 10, 2018. Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified shortly after to schedule followup interviews.
The COS Fall Internship will begin in September, 2018. Send all questions to the Intern Coordinator, Weston Boardman, at email@example.com.