Become a Leader
As a District Captain, you will help recruit, welcome, and educate other volunteers in your local area, and be proactive in raising grassroots support. We need you to:
- Welcome new volunteers in your district, and act as a point person as they join the COS family. COS will help you with this by providing training in helping to connect you with people who have expressed interest in getting involved. You can also reach out to people in your own circle of influence.
- Educate friends and others locally about Article V and Convention of States. We'll provide you with everything you need.
- Stay in touch with your State Director and participate in state and national conference calls to keep up to date with all the exciting news.
The District Captain will also inform the in-district volunteers of when they can be in attendance, and have their voices heard, at committee hearings and floor votes.
Expected approximate commitment level: 8 hours per month
- Step 1: Provide the information below and hit the "Update Info and continue" button.
- Step 2: Complete the 7 question District Captain survey that follows.
- Step 3: We will be in contact with you shortly.
Your application is not complete until you finish the 6 question survey that follows.
thanks for considering becoming a DC!
To help us determine if you’re a good fit for the DC role, we’d like to ask you a few quick questions. But first, please take a moment to update the contact information below.