The Region Captain is a State Leader who oversees a grouping of Districts and their Captains, much the same way the State Director oversees the state, or the way a Regional Director oversees a group of states. It is up to the Region Captain, to provide the education, training, support, information, and guidance necessary for the District Captain to be successful. They also act as the liaison between the State Exec Team, and other State Leaders.
Responsibilities of the Regional Captain include...
- Recruit and welcome in District Captains
Provide tools for training and personal one on one training of all DC’s on the following tools:
- Legislative Management System (LMS)
- Follow Up Tool (FUT)
- Leadership Application Processing Document (LAPD)
- Host regular monthly or bi-monthly regional calls for DC’s and their teams.
- Encourage participation in weekly National Calls, Slack, and use of our tools, and in monthly state calls.
- Deliver action items as requested by SD that were not mentioned at Monthly State Meeting Call.
- Assist DC’s with events and speaking engagements to build their District Team.
- Help when events are planned for them to know how to host a table to get petition signers and volunteer sign up.
- Provide monthly reports to the DC’s on their petition/#’s progress.
- Be able to provide encouragement, praise, and issue challenges.
- Assist in Legislative contact, and education by hosting Lobby Days.
Expected commitment level: 10-12 hours a week
- Must be able to learn all tools related to the grassroots, then be able to teach others how to use those tools.
- Must know how to build a team and have a Mentor’s heart for the grassroots.
- Must be a team player and able to take direction from the State Director.
To apply on line:
- Step 1: Provide the information below and hit the “Update info and continue “button.
- Step 2: Complete the 8 question State Regional Coordinator survey that follows.
- Step 3: We will be in contact with you shortly.