FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
POLL: Nearly 70% Disapprove of Biden Handling of Afghanistan
(Austin, TX—Aug 16, 2021) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters in 2016, 2018 and 2020—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted August 14th through August 15th of over 1,000 likely 2022 election voters.
“There is absolutely no question that the American people are not buying the lies on Afghanistan. This is Saigon, and it’s far worse. Our nation has watched the same group of leaders in Washington, D.C., flounder and blunder on foreign policy, on COVID-19, on the border, and on the economy,” said Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States Action. “After spending more than $1 trillion dollars and enduring wounded and dead soldiers, we are confronted with a basecamp for terror, a foreign policy nightmare, and are now less safe here at home. Time for new leadership.”
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, please visit: https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/news/nat-issues-afghanistan-0816
KEY INSIGHT: Overwhelming Majority of Americans Disapprove of Biden’s Handling of Afghanistan Withdrawal
- 69.3% of American voters disapprove of how President Biden is handling U.S. military operations in Afghanistan—59.5% say they strongly disapprove, while 9.8% say they disapprove.
- 23.1% of American voters approve of how President Biden is handling U.S. military operations in Afghanistan—10.7% strongly approve, while 12.4% approve.
- 7.5% of American voters have no opinion.
KEY INSIGHT: Disapproval of President Biden’s Handling of Afghanistan Withdrawal Crosses All Political Divides, Large Majority of Independents and Republicans Disapprove, Plurality of Democrats Disapprove
- 74.8% of Independent voters disapprove of how President Biden is handling U.S. military operations in Afghanistan—65.8% say they strongly disapprove, while 9% say they disapprove. 9.2% of Independents approve, while 10.6% strongly approve. 5.4% have no opinion.
- 88.8% of Republican voters disapprove of how President Biden is handling U.S. military operations in Afghanistan—80% say they strongly disapprove, while 8.8% say they disapprove. 3.1% of Republicans approve, while 4% strongly approve. 4.1% have no opinion.
- 48.2% of Democrat voters disapprove of how President Biden is handling U.S. military operations in Afghanistan—36.9% say they strongly disapprove, while 11.3% say they disapprove. 22.9% of Democrats approve, while 16.9% strongly approve. 12% have no opinion.
About Convention of States Action—Boasting a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.