Welcome to District Captain training Part 1!
1. Convention of States University (3 hours)
These four video courses take about three hours (total) to complete and will give you a great foundation in all things COS. Feel free to listen to the courses (GOV 100, COS 100, COS 200, and VOL 100) like a podcast.
To access these courses login to COS University using the same email and password you made for this website. (You can reset your password here.)
- COS 100 Introduction to Convention of States (44 minutes)
- COS 200 Responding to Opposition (27 minutes)
- VOL 100 Introduction to Volunteering (57 minutes)
- GOV 100 Constitutional Literacy (45 minutes)
2. District Captain Training Manual
- Read through the District Captain Training Manual. Contact your Regional Captain or Grassroots Coordinator if you have any questions. He or she will be happy to explain the manual and contents.
- When you understand the DC role, sign the signature page in the back of the manual.
- Email your signed page (picture or scan) to Ginny Rapini (email@example.com), David Copeland (State Director - firstname.lastname@example.org), and the Regional Captain or Grassroots Coordinator (listed below) who initiated your training.
You're done with Part 1! Move on to Part 2.