BECOME A LEADER
As the State Director, you will guide your state to victory and act as a liaison between statewide volunteers and the Convention of States national headquarters.
- Learn the technical network platform used by Convention of States.
- Oversee the recruitment of District Captains in every district within your state and mobilize volunteers in your state.
- Check all state applications and recruit accordingly.
- Build state victory strategy with your state’s leadership team, and host weekly state conference calls.
- Grassroots development and activation
- Legislative Strategy
- Speak at events to raise support and rally efforts across the state for COS.
- Report weekly progress throughout your state to your Regional Director.
- Participate in the weekly conference calls with other State Directors and State Leaders.
- Hold state conference calls for your entire state team for inspiration and information.
Expected commitment level: 18 - 20 hours per week
- Must be able to lead others by example as well as instruction.
- Needs experience in working with grassroots individuals.
- Should be able to mentor, encourage and empower and inspire his/her team members.
- Must be a team player and able to take direction from the national team.
Sign in with your COS account, or create one if you don't already have one, with the button below.
Step 1: If you haven't already signed the petition, a button will be shown below to do so.
Step 2: If you haven't already signed the Volunteer Agreement, a button will be shown below to do so. Be sure to return to this page after signing, and refresh the page to continue. You may review the full agreement text here.
Step 3: Update your contact information, and complete the 14-question State Director survey that follows, then click on Submit Application. You may preview the survey questions here.
We will be in contact with you shortly after you've submitted your application.
Your application is not complete until you finish the 14-question survey.