Happy New Year, patriots, welcome to 2023!
Just as a Medieval knight resolved to maintain his vow of chivalry by laying his hand on a peacock at the start of each year, so too we Americans keep with the time-sanctioned tradition of reflection and resolution every New Year.
Join Convention of States Action in resolving renewed fervor for our core values!
In 2023 we will fight to…
- Preserve Constitutional Originalism: We adhere to the wisdom of the Founding Fathers as expressed in our governing documents, and to the original meaning of their language. We actively work to restore limited, constitutional government, federalism, individual rights, and America as the beacon of freedom to the World.
- Foster Responsible Self-Governance: True liberty requires personal responsibility and individual accountability. As we work toward a culture of self-governance in our country, we promote a culture in our organization that empowers everyone to take action, learn from their mistakes, and adjust their actions accordingly for the future.
- Cultivate Servant Leaders: Servant leadership inspires everyone to serve others and make a positive difference in their communities. We promote these principles through training and mentorship opportunities.
- Be Kind: We believe in the Golden Rule; we treat others the way we want to be treated. We seek to have positive interactions with others while being professional, respectful, and speaking the truth boldly and with love.
- Produce Meaningful Results: We aspire to produce a demonstrable impact on the restoration of America to its divinely inspired ideals, and the emboldening of people around the world to work for their own inalienable right to freedom.
- Revere Judeo-Christian Values: Our Republic was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, including that every individual is created in God’s image and endowed by the Creator with inalienable rights. It is the duty of the government of, by, and for the People to secure those rights.
With the guidance of these core values, we can create a culture worth fighting for while remaining a people zealous for the fight.
Regardless of what this year holds, these guiding principles– of liberty, service, self-governance, and morality– will be worthy goals to pursue. As John Quincy Adams truly said, and we here at COS love to quote, “Duty is ours, results are God’s."
Let us resolve to do all within our power to make 2023 one for the history books.