BECOME A LEADER
The Region Captain is a State Leader who oversees a grouping of Districts and their Captains, much the same way the State Director oversees the state, or the way a Regional Director oversees a group of states. It is up to the Region Captain, to provide the education, training, support, information, and guidance necessary for the District Captain to be successful. They also act as the liaison between the State Exec Team, and other State Leaders.
Responsibilities of the Regional Captain include...
- Recruit and welcome in District Captains
- Provide tools for training and personal one on one training of all DC’s on the following tools:
- Legislative Management System (LMS)
- Follow Up Tool (FUT)
- Leadership Management Tool (LMT)
- Host regular monthly or bi-monthly regional calls for DC’s and their teams.
- Encourage participation in weekly National Calls, Slack, and use of our tools, and in monthly state calls.
- Deliver action items as requested by SD that were not mentioned at Monthly State Meeting Call.
- Assist DC’s with events and speaking engagements to build their District Team.
- Help when events are planned for them to know how to host a table to get petition signers and volunteer sign up.
- Provide monthly reports to the DC’s on their petition/#’s progress.
- Be able to provide encouragement, praise, and issue challenges.
- Assist in Legislative contact, and education by hosting Lobby Days.
Expected commitment level: 10-12 hours a week
- Must be able to learn all tools related to the grassroots, then be able to teach others how to use those tools.
- Must know how to build a team and have a Mentor’s heart for the grassroots.
- Must be a team player and able to take direction from the State Director.
Sign in with your COS account, or create one if you don't already have one, with the button below.
Step 1: If you haven't already signed the petition, a button will be shown below to do so.
Step 2: If you haven't already signed the Volunteer Agreement, a button will be shown below to do so. Be sure to return to this page after signing, and refresh the page to continue. You may review the full agreement text here.
Step 3: Update your contact information, and complete the 7-question Regional Captain survey that follows, then click on Submit Application. You may preview the survey questions here.
We will be in contact with you shortly after you've submitted your application.
Your application is not complete until you finish the 7-question survey.