FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Poll: Plurality of American Voters Want President Biden to Take a Stronger Stance in Supporting Chinese Protesting Against CCP
Half of Democrats Unsure How Biden Should Respond to Protests Against China’s Communist Government, Majority of Independents and Republicans Want Stronger Stance
(Austin, TX—December 6, 2022) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters in 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted November 30th through December 3rd of over 1,000 likely general election voters.
“At a historic moment, when the Chinese people are pushing back against an authoritarian communist regime, the American people want to see strong leadership from the Biden Administration, but instead they are getting tepid statements and political obfuscation,” said Mark Meckler, President of the Convention of States. “The Chinese Communist Party’s evil and appalling record of human rights abuses should make this an easy issue—the fact that Biden and his administration are struggling with how to respond is a demonstration on how far their party has fallen. The fact that half of Democrats are simply unsure, is likely because they are viewing this through a partisan lens, and due to the President’s lack of clarity, they are unsure of the correct Democrat talking point to repeat.”
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, please visit:
KEY INSIGHT: Plurality of Voters Say President Biden Should Express More Support for Citizen Protests in China:
- 49.5 percent of American voters say that President Biden should be more vocal in his support for citizen-led protests in China.
- 19.8 percent of American voters say that President Biden should not be more vocal in his support for citizen-led protests in China.
- 30.7 percent are not sure.
KEY INSIGHT: Democrats Unsure How President Biden Should Respond to Protests Against Communist Chinese Government, Majorities of Independents and Republicans Want Biden to Take a Stronger Stance in Supporting Protesters:
- 53.2 percent of Independent voters say President Biden should be more vocal in his support for citizen-led protests in China. 24 percent say no, and 22.8 percent are not sure.
- 70.8 percent of Republican voters say President Biden should be more vocal in his support for citizen-led protests in China. 10.5 percent say no, and 18.7 percent are not sure.
- 23.6 percent of Democratic voters say President Biden should be more vocal in his support for citizen-led protests in China. 26.2 percent say no, and 50.2 percent are not sure.
About Convention of States Action—Boasting a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.