FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Poll: Nearly 75% of Voters Want Federal and State Governments to Cut Business and Investment Ties with Chinese Companies
As White House Announces That Federal Agencies Have 30 Days to Remove TikTok from Devices, Voters Make it Clear They Want Government to Do Much More
(Austin, TX—March 1, 2023) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters in 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted February 22nd through February 23rd of over 1,000 likely general election voters.
“Removing TikTok from government devices—while grossly overdue—is at least a tiny step in the right direction. But this poll reveals that voters want both Washington DC and state governments to be much, much more aggressive in cutting business and investment ties with Chinese backed companies. TikTok should be completely banned from the U.S. on every level. The CCP has banned it in China, and yet is allowed to use the platform as a spying, data collection, and psychological warfare tool against our own country. Removing CCP-backed infrastructure, operations, products and influence from the U.S. is going to be a herculean task. Chinese companies, and CCP front companies, have deep—and not always easy to find—connections on many levels. We have never had a national enemy so deeply embedded in so many aspects of American society. The good news is, at a time when all we hear about is how divided we are, the American people are united in their desire to remove malign Chinese Communist Party influence from our country,” said Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States.
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, please visit: https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/news/nat-issues-taxpayer-china-0224/
KEY INSIGHT: Overwhelming Majority of American Voters Say They Want The Federal Government and State Governments to Stop Investing Taxpayer Dollars in Chinese Businesses and Funds:
- 74.1 percent of voters say it is not appropriate for the federal government or state governments to invest taxpayer money with companies or funds that have ties to China.
- 25.9 percent of voters say they are in favor of the federal government and state governments investing taxpayer money into companies and funds that have ties to China.
KEY INSIGHT: Overwhelming Bi-Partisan Support for Cutting Financial Ties with Chinese Businesses and Investment Funds:
- 75.2 percent of Independent voters say they are against federal and state governments investing taxpayer dollars into companies or funds that have ties to China.
- 64.8 percent of Democratic voters say they are against federal and state governments investing taxpayer dollars into companies or funds that have ties to China.
- 81.5 percent of Republican voters say they are against federal and state governments investing taxpayer dollars into companies or funds that have ties to China.
About Convention of States Action—Boasting a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.