FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nearly 80 Percent of Americans Believe US is in Decline
Large Majorities of Democrats, Republicans and Independents Agree America’s Society and Culture is Declining
(Austin, TX—January 6, 2022) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters in 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted December 17th through December 21st of over 1,000 likely 2022 election voters.
“These horrific numbers go beyond politics to the heart of who we are as a nation and a people. Americans have always been fueled by hope and optimism, and now are united in disgust. Our leaders in Washington, DC are setting the tone, and clearly we need dramatic changes there in both parties in the next election. But ultimately, it is the grassroots citizens of this great nation— everyday Americans fighting to return us to our foundations—who are going to get us back on course,” said Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States Action. “By permanently reigning in the federal government and restoring the balance of power between DC and the states to its original Constitutional design, we have an opportunity to change these numbers, now and for the future.”
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, click here.
KEY INSIGHT: Majority of American Voters Say Countries’ Society and Culture are Declining:
- 76.8 percent of American voters believe American society and culture are in a state of decay
- 9.8 percent of American voters believe American society and culture are in a state of progress.
- 13.4 percent of American voters are unsure.
KEY INSIGHT: Majority of Democrats, Republicans and Independents all Agree American Society is in Decline:
- 81.8 percent of Independent voters believe American society and culture are in a state of decay. 10.9 percent believe in a state of progress, and 7.3 percent are unsure.
- 61 percent of Democrat voters believe American society and culture are in a state of decay. 15.4 percent believe in a state of progress, and 23.6 percent are unsure.
- 85.9 percent of Republican voters believe American society and culture are in a state of decay. 4.3 percent believe in a state of progress, and 9.7 percent are unsure.
About Convention of States Action—Boasting a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.