FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Majority of Voters: President Who Promised to Unite the Country has Instead Divided It
(Austin, TX—September 14, 2022) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters in 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted September 2nd through September 5th of over 1,000 likely 2022 election voters.
“Joe Biden came into office assuring us that the adults are now back in charge, and that he is the man to unify the country. He has done the exact opposite, and voters see that clearly. Joe Biden is perhaps the most divisive President in U.S. history,” said Mark Meckler, President of the Convention of States. “Diving the electorate may work politically in the short-term, but it’s dangerous and crippling for the nation. It’s one thing to attack a candidate who is your political opponent. It’s wholly different to attack 50% of the electorate and expect that it will not divide the country. President Biden is uniquely dangerous in his broad attacks on every single American who disagrees with him. This November, we need leaders who will think about country, not party.”
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, please visit:
KEY INSIGHT: Majority of Voters Believe Biden Has Divided the Country During His Time as President:
- 58.7 percent of voters say that Biden has divided the country during his time as president.
- 20.6 percent of voters say that Biden has unified the country during his time as president.
- 20.7 percent say they are not sure.
KEY INSIGHT: Strong Majority of Independents Join Republicans in Believing Biden Has Divided the Country During His Time As President, Democrats Divided:
- 64.1 percent of Independents say that Biden has divided the country during his time as president. 15 percent say that Biden has unified the country, while 20.9 percent say they are not sure.
- 92.8 percent of Republicans say that Biden has divided the country during his time as president. 3.7 percent say that Biden has unified the country, while 3.5 percent say they are not sure.
- 17.9 percent of Democrats say that Biden has divided the country during his time as president. 43.6 percent say that Biden has unified the country, while 38.6 percent say they are not sure.
About Convention of States Action—Boasting a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.