FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DC IGNORING WILL OF THE PEOPLE—80% of Americans Say Leaders in Washington Either Do Not Consider or Only Somewhat Consider the Will of the People When Making Policy Decisions
AMERICANS HAVE LESS FREEDOM—57% of Americans Say They Have Less Personal Freedom Today than Before COVID-19
COVID DELTA—63% Agree Government Should Take no Action to Address New Delta Variant, Citizens Can Make Personal Decisions on How to Respond
(Austin, TX—June 30, 2021) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters in 2016, 2018 and 2020—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted June 23rd thru June 26th of over 1,000 likely 2022 election voters.
“To those seeking to remain in public office or be elected to public office, the message from voters is absolutely clear. Americans overwhelmingly believe the current leadership in DC is out-of-control and oppressive, doing whatever they want with no regard to what the people want, and should reverse direction immediately, ” said Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States Action. “Americans on the left and right want to see an expansion of personal freedom and want the federal government to stay out of their lives. The strong reaction against any COVID-19 Delta mandates is clear evidence of that fact.”
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, please visit:
KEY INSIGHT: Majority of Americans Say Leaders in Washington DC are Not Adequately Considering the Will of the People
- 62.4% of American voters say the will of the people is no longer a consideration to leaders in DC when making policy decisions, 17.6% say it is somewhat of a consideration
- 50.4% of Democrat voters say no longer a consideration, 22.5% say somewhat
- 76.6.% of Republican voters say no longer a consideration, 13% say somewhat
- 59% of Independent voters say no longer a consideration, 17.3% say somewhat
KEY INSIGHT: Majority of Americans Believe They Have Less Personal Freedom Now than Before COVID-19
- 57.1% of American voters say they do not have as much personal freedom today as they did before the Pandemic, 36.8% say personal freedom has remained the same
- 34.9% of Democrat voters say less personal freedom, 57.2% say same
- 81.7% of Republican voters say less personal freedom, 13.1% say same
- 56.5% of Independent voters say less personal freedom, 38.8% say same
KEY INSIGHT: Majority of Americans Want Government to Take no Action to Address COVID-19 Delta
- 63% of American voters overall say the government should take no action.
- 83.4% of Republican voters say the government should take no action.
- 55.5% of Independent voters say the government should take no action.
- 50.1% of Democrat voters say the government should take no action.
About Convention of States Action—Boasting a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.