FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
84% of Faith Voters Support a Strong Relationship Between America and Israel
Overall Majority of American Voters Also Agree —78 Percent Say U.S. and Israel Alliance is Important
(Austin, TX—May 19, 2023) Convention of States Action, in partnership with The Trafalgar Group—one of America’s most accurate pollsters—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from surveys conducted May 9th through May 12th of over 1,000 likely general election voters.
“These results are encouraging—despite the concerted attempts from the left, including faith leaders, to undermine support for Israel and separate American Christians from the Jewish people—this poll shows people of faith still stand strongly with the people of Israel,” said Mark Meckler, President of the Convention of States. “Even more than that, Americans overall support Israel as the only true democracy and bastion of freedom in the Middle East, and the left disgracing and beclowning itself with weak attempts to justify violence and terrorism is a dead end street to voters.”
For complete details on the poll, including graphics, please visit:
KEY INSIGHT: Over 80% of Faith Voters Say it is Important for America to Have a Strong Relationship with Israel:
- 83.8 percent of Faith voters agree it is important for America to have a strong relationship with Israel:
- 56.0 percent say very important
- 27.8 percent say somewhat important
- 16.2 percent of Faith Voters say it is not important for Americans to have a strong relationship with Israel:
- 9.9 percent say not very important
- 6.3 percent say not important at all
KEY INSIGHT: Vast Majority of Voters Say They Believe it is Important for America to have a Strong Relationship with Israel:
- 78 percent of voters agree it is important for America to have a strong relationship with Israel:
- 44.2 percent say very important
- 33.8 percent say somewhat important
- 22 percent of voters say they do not believe it is important for America to have strong relations with Israel:
- 13.7 percent say not very important
- 8.3 percent say not important at all
KEY INSIGHT: Large Bipartisan Support for U.S. Maintaining Strong Relationship with Israel:
- 91.2 percent of Republicans say it is important for America to have strong ties with Israel. 8.8 percent say it is not important.
- 67.9 percent of Democratic voters say it is important for America to have strong ties with Israel. 32.1 percent say it is not important.
- 73 percent of Independent voters say it is important for America to have strong ties with Israel. 27 percent say it is not important.
About Convention of States Action—With a grassroots network of over 5 million supporters and volunteers, Convention of States’ mission is to restore a culture of self-governance in America and to curtail federal overreach. Its primary focus in accomplishing this mission is using a limited Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose limitations on the size and scope of the federal government, including a balanced budget requirement and term limits for federal officials.