Big things are happening in states around the country! As the legislative season gets under full swing, we wanted to give you the latest updates:
- The Wisconsin Assembly Committee on Federalism and Interstate Relations passed our resolution by a vote of 5-2! This is a milestone for us in Wisconsin, as it is our first-ever committee victory there!
- Our resolution has been filed or carried over and is now active in 15 states (Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri (for sunset removal) Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin).
- State legislatures convened in Alaska and New Mexico.
- Mark Meckler traveled to West Virginia for Surge Day. About 30 WV supporters attended, and Mark had positive meetings with a number of legislators, including leadership.
- Mark Meckler traveled to Kentucky for Surge Day. This was Kentucky’s best-attended Surge ever, and Mark had positive meetings with a number of legislators.
- Mark Meckler traveled to Idaho to meet with our state leaders and a number of legislators. Our team was well-received by all. Mark also had the opportunity to do a one-hour radio program with a host who is opposed to COS. He loved every minute of it!
- COSA General Counsel Robert Kelly traveled to Colorado to participate in the team’s Surge Day and to provide a legislative caucus briefing. Kelly was extremely well-received by all.
- COSA General Counsel Robert Kelly and National Grassroots Director Ginny Rapini traveled to Sacramento, California this week to participate in the team’s Surge Day.
- Our Virginia team rallied at the capitol earlier in solidarity with the thousands of citizens there to take a stand against recent attacks by that state’s legislature on the Second Amendment.
- The influential North Carolina organization, Civitas, published an excellent article on Sunday endorsing COS.
To get all the latest news as it happens, but sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. And if you want to join the movement in your state, sign the Convention of States Petition below!